Friday, October 31, 2008

Are you Voting?

My favorite group, SOW(Student of the Word) has been having a wonderful discussion on should one vote or not. I have so enjoyed all the scripture and the different view points.

One of my favorite books is 'The Scarlet Letter A.' We now have many bastard children running around this world because of what was wanted by the one wearing the Scarlet letter A, acceptance. You see she wanted to enjoy sin and wanted the church to stand by and do nothing in the way of discipline. And guess what! That is exactly what the church has done. I must add when I say church I am talking about all of the 'christian' world (not what God calls christian or church but what the world calls christian and church). The church today is all about tolerance, standing by and 'loving' the person but never addressing the sin.

The church has been and is still willing to accept anything today. I am voting and I do have a problem voting in sin. SD is voting on abortion again this year, but this time they are allowing exceptions, so either way I vote I will be voting for murder. And I have a real problem with that. My point. If I do not show up at the poles I am being just as passive as the Lady wearing the Scarlet Letter A wants me to be, she then can do as she pleases really with my approval. Even though I do not approve. So I know I must show up vote on the issues I can with a clear conscience. And the issues that I cannot vote on with a clear conscience, I may even add my own box and add a scripture. If I leave a blank, my having gotten a ballot will still show that I was there and for what ever reason the one that does get voted in will know that there is a number of people that didn't vote for anyone still didn't vote for them, so they will know in their heart of hearts how many didn't vote for them.

If I do nothing, not even show up at the poles I am allowing Satan to win 100%. No fight. That is what he has wanted all the time, christians to just give up so he can have his way. I also understand we must strive for peace, yet by standing by and allowing 'satan's' people to do all the decision making what good am I to God. If I never open up my mouth, if I never stand up and fight. Is not this the reason why Israel had all the problems they had and have, they did not utterly destroy the wicked from among the land they were to posses. They allowed some to stay, so that satan could have a foot hold. Our not fighting in war's, not voting, and etc. is doing the same.

As in Ecclesiastes, there is a time for silence... and a time for war.

No comments: