Thursday, March 13, 2008

Death

I would really like to bury this weight. It has been a week since I last exercised and did it ever make a difference, it really curbed my appetite. Not only death to the extra weight I carry but to that lifestyle and attitudes. As our family attended a funeral today I was so reminded how my decisions for the moment make such a difference. In the last few days God has been pointing out to me to look to the future and not for the moment. Here is an example: Today we got two free box's of chocolate chip cookie dough. I bring them in to check them out, looks good, tastes good. Yes, I had my fingers in the dough right away. And the whole time God is reminding me that His temple does not require sugar of this sort. LOL He did word things a bit different, but the message was the same. Yes, it was enough to get my fingers out of the dough. Now the girls and a friend of theirs are cooking up three tubs, Praise God, tomorrow night is a Pizza Party at church and the cookies will go. But that really is not the way I need to be looking at this trial. When I desire sugar I need to turn to the Lord and all allow God to fill that emptiness. Yes, the world would label me an emotional eater. I label lack of faith.

Now back to the funeral. What would my advice be to the family: Give your life over to God and totally relay on God to get you through this day by day. Wow! What a hit to me, with eating I do not even take my own advice. So during the funeral I prayed God give me a reminder (something tangible) to help me keep my eye's on the ultimate goal -serving God. Not the moment, not how I am feeling right now but how will my action right now affect the future. God is so faithful! Before we left God answered my prayer, I was given a small gift-a flower pen. God not only answers prayers He looks at the whole scope of things. You see day time - school time happens to be the hardest time of day for me to keep focused. We have gotten into a pretty good routine so things are going smoothly. And my thoughts wonder to this or that - getting my eyes off of Jesus and my purpose to be on this earth. So a pen is perfect. ( I do not believe that an object has any power in itself - for the time, having it around can be my 'sign' to help me keep on track.) Dawn

No comments: